Friday 5 February 2016

Three Little Words...




Work. Life. Balance

Not the words you thought were coming huh!

It feels like at the moment the new trend for all the magazines and papers is to bleat about career women, being the female boss etc. That's great, I'm all for it but they miss the part about balance.

There are two types of people in this world, people that work...and people that don't. Personally I'm a worker, a self proclaimed career woman. I've worked predominantly in Hospitality since i was 13, from washing pots, waiting on tables and now as an events manager. I love my job, i truly do. I've been lucky enough to work at some amazing places with some incredible people, but it's very easy to become consumed by it.

I have access to all my files from my laptop at home and my emails are linked to my personal mobile - i am reachable 24/7. Is that my choice? yes - absolutely. Will i change it...nope! But now instead of checking all the time, i make the decision to switch off, to let myself sit with a glass, no i lie..a bottle of wine and a square (bar) of chocolate and spend time with the people i love.

I spent years working 14/15 hour days, 6 day weeks at a minimum...there's always something else that needs to be done. I've missed birthdays, dates, eaten far too many reheated dinners and crept into bed next to my sleeping partner more times than i care to think about!! But I've grafted, climbed the ladder and made a name for myself. I'm proud of what i've achieved.




 It's taken me nearly 10 years to figure out what suits me best and ridiculously... it's structure - I'm better if i work a set 8 hours and then just walk out the door...and so begins the balance!!



Balance..not the salad vs take away kind but you get the idea! i joined the gym see my previous post , Booked holidays, weekends away. Heck I've had marathon Netflix sessions any TV junkie would be proud of! I can proudly say I'm a fully fledged KUWTK fangirl...I've had proper time with friends and seen my family!

I'm not saying its easy..I'd say its on par with winged eye liner and we all know how tough that is!! But its do able and worth it!



Rambling aside, i applaud anyone who gets up everyday and goes to work. Who creates a path for themselves. Do what you enjoy and work hard, but don't forget that cheeky lunchtime asos orders are also a necessity and those shoes you've been lusting over...yes, yes you should buy them! why wouldn't you!


No comments:

Post a Comment